This article explains how the Line Items Creation page is structured and what you can do from this page.
All names and data in this page have been replaced with dummy data for privacy purposes.
1. This is the navigation menu. Click on any section to access its pages. The active page ("Create") is signaled by the white color.
2. Help button widget. Click here to leave a support ticket, which will be sent directly to the Ad360 support team (powered by Zendesk).
3. At the bottom of the left navigation menu, there are 4 shortcut icons which will direct you to the following pages (from left to right): Home, Reports, Help Center, Logout.
4. This is the "Quick Navigation Header", which allows you to quickly move to specific sections and related entities. The section you're currently in ("LINE ITEMS") is highlighted in "orange".
5. The "Smart Search Bar" allows you to search for any type of entity by inputting exact or partial names, or exact IDs.
6. Advertiser selector: This field indicates the advertiser for which you want to see the line items. Clicking on this field allows you to type the partial or exact name of an advertiser. A drop-down list with all advertisers matching your entry will be displayed. Clicking on one of these advertiser names will reload the page with all line items for that advertiser.
7. Campaign selector: This field indicates the campaign for which you want to see the campaigns. Clicking on this field allows you to type the partial or exact name of a campaign. A drop-down list with all campaigns belonging to the selected advertiser that match your entry will be displayed. Clicking on one of these campaign names will reload the page with all line items for that campaign.
8. Clicking the "Cancel" button will cancel the Line Item creation process. You will be redirected to the Line Items Dashboard.
9. Clicking the "Save Line Item" button will validate the Line Item creation. You need to have entered valid entries in the Line Item Creation fields (see below) to be able to click this button. Upon clicking, the Line Item will be added under the selected Campaign and you will be re-directed to the Line Items Dashboard.
Line Item Creation Fields
10. Line Item name*: Enter your desired line item name.
11. Start date*: This is your desired start date for the line item. The start date can't be before the creation time of the line item. By default, the time at the start of the day (00:00) on the chosen start date will be set for the line item as the start time. The line item won't be able to run (and spend its budget) before the start time, regardless of its status.
12. End date*: This is your desired end date for the line item. The end date has to be after the start date of the line item (or the same day if you want your line item to run on a single date). By default, the time at the end of the day (23:59) on the chosen end date will be set for the line item as the end time. The line item won't be able to run (and spend its budget) after the end time, regardless of its status.
13. Budget*: This is the maximal amount of money the line item is allowed to spend in the period of time between the start date and the end date. The budget currency will by default be the same as your account currency.
14. Bidding Type*: This is how the line items will bid. Depending on your choice, different inventory sources and bidding methods can be used. You can choose either CPM (cost per mille), meaning that your will bid on impressions, or CPC (cost per click), meaning that you will be bidding on clicks.
15. Bid: This is the initial value for your line item bid. It will then be updated by the platform A.I. optimization engine to maximize the efficiency of your Line Items.
16. Max Bid*: This is the upper limit value that a bid can have for any line item within the line item. The given value to the line item bids by the platform A.I. optimization engine can't be higher than the Max Bid. The max bid currency will by default be the same as your account currency. When choosing your desired max bid value, take your chosen Bidding Type into consideration (see item 11).
17. Frequency Cap: This is the time period during which the frequency of exposure of any given internet user will be measured. During this time period, an internet user won't be able to see your line items's ads more times than the chosen Frequency value (see item 14). The Frequency Cap can be either "Hourly" or "Daily".
18. Frequency: This is how many times at most an internet user can see your line item's ads during the Frequency Cap period (see item 13).
19. Pacing Cap: This is the time period used as a reference when comparing how much your line item spends compared to the Max Pacing amount (see item 16). The Pacing Cap can be either "Hourly" or "Daily".
21. Max Pacing Amount: This is how much at most your line item can spend during the Pacing Cap period (see item 15).
22. Creative Weighting: This is how much at most your line item can spend during the Pacing Cap period (see item 15).
Line Item Targeting Settings
The following categories can be used to define the targeting settings for the Line Item. This will determine which internet users will get to see your ads.
- Day Parting
- First Party Audience
- Site Lists
- Sensitive Categories
- Mobile operating Systems